Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The feet of Him that publishes peace 3/6/17

WASSUP WASSUP??

Whew what a week!! SO MUCH HAPPENED. Literally I could probably write a better email about all the stuff that did not happen, that would be a lot easier. But the most important thing is that the work is going REALLY WELL here in Moreno Valley CA. We have been building up our area hard core and we are super excited that we started this transfer on the right foot. We were able have 4 of our on date investigators come to church and 2 of them are preparing to be baptized on the 19th of March. I honestly feel that the Lord is peering at us from above with a big bucket of blessings and pouring them all over us. Honestly, we haven't done anything. It has all been Him. 

The four investigators that did come to church today had a great experience and loved it all. The only down side to lots of investigators at church is that you are running around like a chicken with it's head cut off to make sure every body knows where they are going and what they are doing. THANK HEAVENS for members. However, we were kind of nervous in Relief Society  when a notoriously bold Hermana gave the lesson on modesty. We had two investigators in the class and one had pants on because she cant afford a skirt. We prayed the whole time in our hearts that the sister wouldn't say anything offensive. There were a few bumpy parts and a couple of tears but it all worked out okay. PHEWW.... 

A few other exciting moments of the week included our apartment door getting vandalized and sealed shut with glue. They also put a quarter ponder in a McDonalds bag labeled: BRYAN on our step? We were a little confused. But the next day we got a new door knob, and that solved everything until it broke again two days later. So we went through 3 door knobs this week. WOWZERS.

Olga, Kate, and Yolanda and doing AMAZING!! We actually had a great Sunday lunch with Yolanda at her house. She made menudo... (cow intestine soup). I courteously tried a tiny little bowl but I left the real dining to my companion who absolutely goes nuts over it. So a ham sandwich with papaya and banana worked out a lot better. BUT it was so wonderful to be there with her and just hang out with one of the most important people in our lives. 

This week I came to know the Savior by a special experience I had at a home visit with our bishop. Yesterday evening we visited with our bishop, his wife, and their son who is investigating the church (not in our area). We focused our message on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and got some lovely comments, testimonies, and participation from them. The Spirit was present and all was well. Then to close, Hermana Hernandez offered her testimony of the Atonement, and literally the Spirit was SO STRONG. Hearing her words helped me think more deeply about Jesus Christ as my Elder Brother and how I have contributed to the pain that He felt in Gethsemane. I cannot express the gratitude I have for Him. After Hna Hernandez's powerful witness, and a few closing remarks, Obispo Perez asked me to say the closing prayer. I haven't always felt 100% at ease praying in Spanish because of my lack of ability to express myself fully, but in that prayer, I feel like the words just flowed straight from my heart. As I expressed specific appreciation we all felt for Our Savior's Atonement, His life, His example, and His gospel, I felt the Spirit so strongly that there was no way I could deny the truthfulness of it all. By the end of it the prayer, we were all in tears and words could hardly be spoken because of the strength the Spirit had in that room. It was a lesson that I will never forget and a moment that I will cherish for the rest of my life. 

Well friends, thanks for all you do! I hope you have a great week and are still enjoying the cold weather ;)
Be Safe&God Speed.
Love, Hermana Tobler


my gurl YOLANDA and me

enchiladas on the real

 cute comp pic

 MENUDO?? #gag

No comments:

Post a Comment