Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Menudo round...2?!? 3/13/17

For Pete's sake, Sunday has just turned into the Menudo day! Of course it has to be our investigators feeding it to us every time. I promise, it is literally undying charitable love that I have for these people that I was able to eat that. Whewwww...

This week was another great one! We were able to find and pick up another family of 6 and they seem LEGIT. I love it when the parents are 100% on board and they are so supportive. Butttttt... they might be English because the kids are struggling with the Spanish thing. We shall see. 

Olga, Kate, Yolanda, Marlena, and Fred are all doing great! We are trying to keep our pipeline building before this bunch gets baptized. Literally the Lord has provided so many miracles I have no idea how to handle it. Heavenly Father loves us so much!

MLC was this week and wow, every time I leave that meeting on a spiritual high to go and baptize every person I talk to. We talked a lot about Repentance Obedience, and consecration. However one thing that The Spirit taught me that sunk deep deep into my heart was that with the Atonement we can live our lives/serve our missions without regrets. Of course we all know we can be better or we worry that we are never going to measure up to all the expectations surrounding us, but as long as we are doing our best and repenting all the way, they Lord will enable us to live a life without regret. I know that to be true. Focusing on the good, learning from our mistakes, and repenting every day like your salvation depends on it (because it does) is the key to having success and joy in this life. 

I came to know the Savior this week by studying the topical guide about the names of Jesus Christ and all the associated scriptures starting with Jesus Christ, Advocate. I learned a lot of interesting things about that and how He is the Great Intercessor and our Advocate with the Father. I came to understand that when we stand before God to be judged, if we come unto the Savior through faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end, he will plead our case before the Father. The better we come to KNOW the Savior in our lives, the better our judgement will be because we have truly allowed Jesus Christ's Atonement heal, cleanse, and enable us.

I seriously love my mission. Where else would I find a weird excitement and joy than sitting in random people's living rooms, throwing my planner to the wind and following the spirit, playing the piano every week in Relief Society to my beloved Latina Hermanas singing, testifying of the gospel to everyone I see, being fed fit to burst every day, and crashing before my head hits the pillow every night. I am doing this work because I love the Lord and I love my brethren and I want to see the gospel work it's miracle in their lives. The greatest work for me to ever do right now is to serve with everything I've got here in the California Riverside Mission. 
It has been the BEST 17 months of my life and I am looking forward to these last few weeks to finish strong. 

I hope you all have a fantastic week!
Be Safe&God Speed. 

Love, Hermana Tobler



No comments:

Post a Comment