Saturday, June 4, 2016

Bible bashes don't do jack 5/30/16

Hi Everyone!!
It sounds like everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day weekend, I hope you are all BBQing and spending time with all your loved ones.

So this week was so busy, we got so much done and I LOVE the trio life. Y'all would be shocked how much more we can do with 3 missionaries working together. I love it. 

However, this week, we had a lesson with an investigator who (to put it nicely) is a closed door. He is one of those people who smiles sweetly and says "aww you're so cute when you're wrong". I can usually handle that kind of treatment from an old lady but coming from a relatively young man, it was just rude. I found myself deflecting Book of Mormon accusations and defending myself with testimony and simple truths. Unfortunately, when people want to dump their Bible on you, there isn't much more that you can do besides hold on to your Book of Mormon and gasp for air! 
I am so grateful that we have the scriptures to use and learn from. The Bible is so great, it's stuffed with doctrine and contains a beautiful record of our Savior. The Book of Mormon is amazing because it makes the Bible CLEAR and I just feel so enlightened after reading it. The best part is that they BOTH testify and of Christ. I can't think of anything better. 

On a happier, we have been teaching a man named Fernando. We call him Fern. Or Fernie. Between ourselves of course. He is SO GREAT. He has such a strong desire to learn and grow. He is literally a sponge and is soaking up EVERYTHING. I love teaching him. I feel bad for him sometimes because he is so smart and he feels like he needs to know as much as the members. Pobrecito. 

Well!! That's it for this week friends, hope y'all have a good one!
Stay Safe & God Speed.

Love, Hermana Tobler




No comments:

Post a Comment