Saturday, December 17, 2016

holy mosiah!? 12/12/16

Bueno!

What a wonderful experience it has been to be back in my first area! It has taken a few days of brushing off cobwebs in my brain to remember where I am going but I have adjusted very easily. It's crazy because I spent all of last year's holidays in the same ward, area, and apartment. I was in training then and I am training now. LoCo!

ANYWAY. This week was pretty decent. We have been trying to resurrect my area that seems to have died a little bit but we are well on our way to having lots of success. We had a pretty spectacular experience this week with some of our new investigators that were picked up right before the transfer. Hermana Coffeen picked them up all by herself awhile back on a Blitz and she was super excited and nervous to meet with them.

Before we went into the lesson, I felt fine but of course not sure what to expect because I had not met Javier and Monica yet. We found out that they were awaiting our arrival and were 100% prepared and ready to meet with us. (SHOCKER). Right away I realized that this was going to be a special lesson. If these people are truly prepared at this time, we needed to make sure that we were extremely obedient to the Spirit so we could know what to do. The first thing that Javier told us was that since he had met with Hermana Coffeen the first time, he had read in the BOM up to Mosiah. MOSIAH people! I was stunned! While my companion said the opening prayer, I prayed with all my heart for the presence of the Spirit and to be guided as we taught these sweet people. 

We started off reading in Mosiah 6 but it wasn't really going the direction we were hoping for. (Which of course was baptism) So as the Spirit directed, we transitioned to 2nd Nephi 31. Powerful chapter. Yes. We read about Christ's baptism and after a wonderful discussion about it and how we can best follow Jesus Christ's example, Hermana Coffeen invited them to just that and be baptized. After a little nudging, they agreed. Hermana Coffeen, bless her heart, was just about over the moon at this point as she excitedly invited them for a a baptismal date this upcoming January. They agreed! The Spirit was so strong and Hermana Coffeen's big blue eyes filled with tears of joy. We finished the lesson by sharing the #lighttheworld video and it was perfect. 

It was humbling to be able to see again through the sight of a new missionary. As her first investigators on date, it felt like a miracle to Hermana Coffeen and because it was a miracle to her, it reminded me that it truly is an intervention of the Spirit when they willingly accept that baptismal date. I also know that my earnest prayer was heard and that our lesson was indeed guided by the Spirit. We were able to answer questions, use the scriptures, and testify with power and authority. We are so excited to keep working with these sweet people as they come to know that gospel better. 


I came to know the Savior better this week through my study of Prayer. Our mission president has had us print off a talk each week to study and analyze as we come to know the Savior better. They are so powerful and really do strengthen my understanding of who my Savior is and what kind of a person he was. This week I learned from reading "The Lord Jesus Christ Teaches Us to Pray" (from the past conference) that Jesus Christ really DEPENDED on His Father. He was constantly making that connection with heaven to ensure that the things that he was doing were within His will. I love how Jesus ALWAYS aligned His will with The Father's. It showed me that if I do the same thing, I will be able to be guided to know what to do, where to go, what to say and how to teach. It brought me to my knees in humble prayer as I redoubled my efforts to make my prayers more meaningful.

WELLL I think that is it for this week folks! I hope you all have a safe and joyful week!
Be Safe&God Speed.
Love, Hermana Tobler

1. My new companion/baby Hermana Coffeen from Hollister CA
2. WE FOUND THE TREE OF LIFE!!

3. Yours truly



No comments:

Post a Comment