Tuesday, September 13, 2016

"...and my cup runneth over.." 9/12/16

Bah!! AHhh.. sighhh....
I am so humbled, grateful and happy. Yup. I am. It's true!!

Why? 

First of all, we had the mos bomb-diggity lesson with Gloria EVER... Literally I was in a cloud of joy for at least and hour after. 
SO.  It has taken a little time to get to this point because our lessons with Gloria are usually very emotional  so it took a little time to get around to teaching the doctrine. But this Tuesday, we stopped by in the middle of the day to see if she was home. She was, and she was not doing well at all, having received chemo therapy last week. Thankfully she let us in and we sat down to one of the most spiritual lessons of my life.
We started by singing her some hymns of comfort and testifying of Christ's love for her. (The Spirit whooshed right in!!) Then we began to explain the beautiful message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She stared intently at us as we told her about modern day prophets, revelation, and the Priesthood authority of God. 
Quiet "wow"'s and "amen"s dotted the doctrine up until we started to explain about Joseph Smith. As I began to quote the First Vision, Gloria's sickly, blackened, and tired eyes began to widen and she gasped in surprise and amazement. The Spirit of God poured over us until it filled the room. It was so thick I could barely breathe, my heart wanted to burst. 
Gloria gobbled up the Book of Mormon and agreed wholeheartedly to baptism. When we asked her why she wanted to be baptized she said: "Because I want to be baptized by the RIGHT authority, I have been praying for the TRUE church for the longest time. I am so glad you're here because if I didn't feel like it was right, I would not ask you to keep coming back." 😍🙏🙌💓
She also told us that she and her children would be studying now out of the Book of Mormon as well as the Bible, and they would be baptized with her. 

I was literally dying. 
I am so grateful that Gloria has been prepared by the Lord to receive the gospel, I know that He is very aware of her. Her life is full of pain and suffering but I have faith that everything will change drastically with her budding testimony of the gospel. WHoo HOo!!


Other news!
I was very humbled to receive a calling! A calling within a calling! I will be serving as a Sister Training Leader here in Hemet! I will be participating in leadership conferences and going with Sisters on exchanges to help them progress. I am very excited and I sincerely hope that the Lord knows what he is doing. Good thing He qualifies whom He calls, otherwise I would be dead meat!

TRIO AGAIN! 
SO my new STL companion, Hermana Jensen, will be coming to join Hermana Godoy and me here in Hemet, we will be living the TRIO life and I am SO stoked. Trios literally are the best. We go on triple splits or "trips" and get 3 hours of work done in what we could normally do in 1. How sick is that? So it's pretty much the greatest. 

Well, I gotta get going but I hope you all have a great week. I am currently trying to calm my grief from the BYU vs. Utah game but I still believe the future is bright. Someday... Anyway, Thank you all for the support, love and care. 
Stay Safe&God Speed.
Love, Hermana Tobler

Pics:
1. Mission Leadership Conference round 1 with the other new STL, Sister Ogden! 
2. A darling little street in my area

3. Other STL buddies #white



No comments:

Post a Comment