Sunday, April 10, 2016

Torn up inside 3/28/2016

Good Morning Personas!

This week has been such an emotional roller costar and has also been one of the busiest weeks of my mission. Hermana Bjork is leaving today and so we gave our work 1000% percent this week.

I AM SO HAPPY because we saw some BEAUTIFUL fruit start to emerge from 4 months worth of labor. Hermana Bjork and I have been working very hard for a long time but we have not seen any physical progress. However, both of us have been humbled and reminded that this is the Lord's game, not ours, and we need to trust in his timing. Buuuttt... This week... MILAGROS! We met 2 incredible people that are SOLIDLY ready for baptism this month. 

1) Jesus.. or "Jesse"- (great name right?;) )
     This man is so hard core and cool. First of all, he is 6' 4'', covered in tats, and looks very serious. When we saw him at church one Sunday with his member wife and children, we had no idea that he was so ready. Jesse is a security guard and a police officer. He works in Hollywood a lot and often is part of the security team for concerts, the Oscars, and other famos people events. He told us that Leo DiCaprio is a pretty nice dude, Jack Black is a jerk (sorry Dad) and Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are not the brightest crayons in the box. HILARIOUS! He showed us lots of sweet pictures though- what an interesting job right?
Anyway.. spiritual matters... He told us straight up that he knows he needs to be baptized and sealed to his family and that is his biggest goal right now. Hermana Bjork and I were the perfect picture of shock and extreme joy.. I am sure of it. When do you ever get an investigator with that kind of a green light?? He set his own baptism date for the 17th of April and I am absolutely ecstatic. BLESSINGS!! ... finally someone solid. :)))

2) Maria
    I laughed really hard when I realized that our most legit progressing investigators are named Jesus and Mary.. How perfect- perks of serving in Spanish Land USA!
This woman is a HOOT! She is in her 60's and lives with her 2 lazy daughters and nice hubby. She had a stroke not too long ago so her mouth doesn't move very well. However, that doesn't stop her from speaking very loudly. For those of you who are familiar with "Miranda Sings".. Maria speaks like her.. but in Spanish... and at maximum volume.. with only half of her mouth... AND I love her to death. The first thing she said to us when we came to contact her was " I want to be a Mormon!!! I want to be baptized!!" WHattttttttt?? She made her husband drive her to church and she arrived late with soaking wet hair from her shower and excited to listen. Maria LOVED church. She is so sweet and she is soaking up every word of the gospel. I adore the little doll and am anxiously awaiting April 24th! 

SO MANY BLESSINGS THIS WEEK.... We picked up tons of new gators and I will be starting this next transfer with Hermana Jordan here in Moreno Valley. Looks like this will be almost 6 months in my cradle! 

The Spanish language is thick with passionate, flowery, phrases and words that absolutely drip with emotion. So I blame the Spanish language for my mushy gushy message. 

ODE TO MY COMPANION-  My heart is so broken today because I love my Mama so so much. I am not looking forward to parting ways with her. She has helped me love this work, taught me everything I know, and has shown me how to love people better. I am thankful for her influence in my growth. I consider this past 4 and 1/2 months as the most precious and most enjoyable time of my life. Hermana Bjork is so special and sweet and has left such a beautiful legacy here in the California Riverside Mission. Thanks Mission Mama! <3

Well folks, I think that will be all. Wish me luck this week as I attempt to speak Spanish and learn to work without my trainer! Thanks for your continual love and support. LOVE and BLESSINGS!! Xx.
Stay Safe & God Speed,

Hermana Tobler



No comments:

Post a Comment