Monday, January 9, 2017

Bap plus CHRISTmus 12/26/16

YAY! Christmas is so great! 🌶
I honestly hope I don't sound like a scrooge when I say I am actually kind of excited for Christmas to be over. But let me explain, as a missionary, it is very hard to preach the gospel when everyone is leaving and busy with family. So therefore, I am excited to start building up our area hard core. Not to mention, everybody thinks missionaries are a receptacle for all types of garbage and junk so we get fed quite a bit. #tamales #champurada #pandulce 🌯🍽😯

But of course, Christmas is amazing and we are super blessed.

SO this week included 2 forms of baptism. While everyone in the mid west got dumped on with snow, So Cal became a lake, and we sure got a decent load of moisture. Hermana Coffeen and I went seeking in the torrential downpour this week and I was soaked to the bone. Heavenly Father made it all worth the pain though when we found a super great potential for us. I will include a picture of me looking like a drowned hairless rat. :)

The other baptism of the week happened back in HEMET! I went back to see one of my little investigators enter the waters of baptism and start her life as a disciple of Jesus Christ. I am so proud of Jacqueline and all that she is learning. She has grown in confidence and strength from the gospel. It was also a joy for me to see my amazing comps that I left behind in Hemet and reminisce on all the good days spent in the Hood. I love mis Hermanas!!🌾

Christmas Eve and Day were SO MUCH FUN! We had some great dinners, fun zone activities, beautiful packages from our families, TALKING with our families, Caroling with our zone, and taking gifts to our dearest members and fellow missionaries. 

Above all, at this Christmastime, I want you all to know that I have a testimony of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is the reason we celebrate everything. He is Life, Light, Hope, and Joy. God be thanked for The Prince of Peace and His life and sacrifice. 
The gospel of Jesus Christ is true brethren! I love you all and I hope the new year starts out splendidly for each of you. Huzzah for 2017!!

🤗🌵🌴
I hope you all have a great week! 
Be Safe & God Speed! 

Love, Hermana Tobler






No comments:

Post a Comment