Sunday, May 15, 2016

With a side of spiritual.... 5/2/16

My apologies up front for the overly detailed letter last week. I thought I might as well make a dramatic story out of a boring week. 

ANYways! This week has been more of a spiritual journey and I have been learning a lot more about myself and how missionary work is basically the best thing ever. Who would have thought that busting your buns for the good of others would bring you the greatest and most equisite happiness. Not to mention, help you understand the greatest questions of your heart and see the world through Heaven's eyes. What the what? Why is Heavenly Father so nice to us? I feel like as humans we are just so difficult and silly- but God still loves us to death and no matter what, has a plan for us. I love that about Him. I have found great joy in testifying of my Savior and our father's love for each of us. I hope that some particle of that truth will touch the hearts of all that I meet and they will feel it. 

Miracles are real on the mission. Spanish has been an stormy battle for most of my mission I have recently been seeing some light poking through the clouds. It has been absolutely amazing and humbling to feel the spirit work through me and help these people. 
This week my companion and I planned to do splits so that we could get more done. I was paired with a lovely recent convert whom I adore but does not speak much English. We found ourselves sitting in the living room of a 60 year old woman and her 25 year old son. I was SO NERVOUS! This wasn't my first split, but I honestly felt like I was on a little English island and I had to jump into the scary Spanish ocean. With a prayer in my heart, I cannon-balled in. I am happy to say that my experience in that lesson was wonderful, and the spirit was there. I felt words come out of my mouth that I hardly knew and yet, they made sense. By no means was my communication perfect, but they understood, and they Spirit was strong. That is all that mattered. 

I feel so humbled to be a part of this beautiful work. I know that Heavenly Father works in ways that mysterious but are the best for his children. I am grateful that I can feel the flames of the refiners fire every day here on my mission, and that I am being CHANGED for the better. I wish there was some way that I could fully explain my joy and gratitude. This week I hit 7 months and though it is difficult, I wouldn't have it any other way. 

I love each and every one of you with my whole heart. I hope you all have a fantastic week.
Love&Blessings
Stay Safe&God Speed

Con amor, Hermana Tobler

Mis hermanitas <3

No comments:

Post a Comment