Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Drink up, the gospel is good fur yah. 2/1/16

Hello hello hello!

What a busy week it has been. My companion is a Sister Training Leader and therefore has to go on a lot of exchanges. So I have been left to take care of the area with the new sister. Scary! Thank goodness the deary is a native Venezuelan and can already speak Spanish fluently. (PHEW!) Our work was really blessed this week and we saw some amazing changes in people. 

FUNNY STORY TIME! 
Okay so we have this interesting investigator that kind of creeps us out. We love the guy but the fact that he sends us emojis and good morning texts is a little off putting. Julio is about 35 ish and has been quietly receiving all the lessons. He is on date, reading his B.O.M. and praying... BUT he is not attending church. This past week Hermana Bjork and I texted him (very frustratedly), Why we did not see him sitting in a pew for the past 3 Sundays...(que paso?!) The first Sunday we taught him, the poor, shy, dear took three steps into the lobby, and because he didn't see us right away, booked it outta there quick. So we are a little exasperated with the guy. This time however, he offered an excuse that went far beyond "oh I was busy", "oh I had work", "oh I was just too tired"... No this excuse belongs in a league of it's own. 
"I really like to drink goat milk on the weekends. But it makes me sleepy. But I really like it. So I will keep drinking it because it has lots of good vitamins."
Um........... -_-
That was his legit excuse guys. Needless to say, we told him we would call 6 times every half hour so he would be awake. Goodness sakes. (SMH)

Spiritual Experience Story:
So this past month has been a bit of an emotional roller-coaster for the Nuevo ward here in Moreno Valley. The spouse of one of the members was diagnosed with the late stages of liver cancer. She has been coming to church on and off for years but has never been baptized. Upon discovering that she might not make it much longer than a few months, the sweet sister knew she had to make a choice about her baptism. The other sisters serving in our ward were in charge of her area and they taught her all 5 lessons in a week. She attended church one more time last week and it was so sad to see her so yellow and sickly. Despite her waiting until the end to be baptized, It is clear that she has had a testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel for a long time. The sister was baptized yesterday and life is good. What a PACKED, SPIRITUAL, and HUMBLING baptism it was. I feel lucky to have been a part of it. 

In case y'all didn't know, I have a testimony that this is the only true church in the world. I see miracles everyday. There is no way that I would give up a year and a half of my life to spread a lie. 

Here are a few photos of our proselyting adventures this week. I LOVE MOVAL <3
Stay Safe and God Speed Everyone!
Love, Hermana Tobler



No comments:

Post a Comment