Wednesday, November 11, 2015

God Bless America... Land that I definitely love. (1 month down)


Holy Smokes...

1 month down, 17 to go. CrAzY? YES. Okay so I really appreciate America. Maybe it is the fact that I am NOT serving my mission in Mexico that causes me to pine after America, maybe it is just that the USA feels safe and happy and wonderful. Yo no se. But I am eager to get to Cali and start sharing this beautiful message with the Riverside folks.

This week was preeety decent. Hermana Krumholz and I are as thick as thieves and are loving life. This week we did a service project where we had to sweep water.... um yeah that was weird but I guess like everything in the CCM, there is a purpose. The weather here is so warm and lovely. It is hard to imagine Utah fall when you are living in such a green place. For TRC this week we had the chance to talk to a native 24 year old woman who has been a member for 4 months! The crazy part is that she is already preparing to serve a mission. She told us her favorite movie was "the Diary of Passion"... we were little confused until I realized she was talking about "the Notebook". It was nice to talk about Ryan Gosling for a few minutes.. HA! Sorry not Sorry!

Okay quick story of the week: This past Sunday, Hermana and I were walking back from our devotional and decided to walk through our old building where we used to study. On Sunday nights, all the lights are shut off in the hallways so it is pretty dark, As we walked down the hallway thinking of the good times we had had in that building, my universe collapsed on me as 20 missionaries jumped out screaming, and ran through us. We were in the wrong place at the wrong time- we were not the Hermanas they were trying to scare and it took about 20 minutes for my heart to recover and the Elders to stop apologizing. I was preparing to meet my maker in that moment. And yes, I am sure that wasn't the best missionary conduct on their part but Sunday nights are crazy around here.

I feel like I am slowly, but surely getting the hang of Spanish. We spend so much of our day studying the dear language and I feel like I can finally see a little progress. This week I bore my testimony in Spanish for my zone (without notes) and taught the law of chastity in Spanish. Wow, that is in awkward conversation in English.. Explaining the importance of having certain morals to to a guy who isn't married and is living with his girlfriend can be even more awkward! It went okay though so I feel pretty optimistic about doing it again. I've said it before and I will say it again, the gift of tongues is real and I am feeling the blessings of it everyday!

Fiesta!! While you all were enjoying your Halloween, 110% of Mexico was preparing for November 1st. Dia de Muerte, (day of the dead). While I totally respect other cultures, I can honestly say that my earplugs play a major role in my life. Those dear sweet Mexicans played their music, danced, sang, drank, ate, and blew stuff up all night long. It is actually super cool to hear them celebrating around us. The CCM is like a mini paradise city within a huge chaotic, and dirty city. Sometimes we see the festivities and we most definitely hear them. I know I am going to miss it when I leave.  

Speaking of leaving... I only have 2 more weeks here! I am going crazy with excitement and nervousness. Here are a few thoughts that I have about being a missionary for a month... 

It is strange how my mentality has changed. Normally I would be thinking about everything I have left behind a lot and everything that I am missing out on, but it is like my brain won't let me dwell on those things. Every time I try to think about it for too long, I am pulled back to the tasks at hand, it is incredible. I feel focused, and determined 22/7. The best way I can describe this mindset, is to compare it with "tunnel vision". All my missionary mind can think about is the work and I believe that is a blessing from the Lord. Cool eh?

We got a new district in our zone here and we love them, here is a picture of all of us today at Lunch. Here in Mexico, lunch is the biggest meal of the day. It makes so much more sense to eat the most in the middle of your day. 

Anyways! I hope you all have a fantastic week, I look forward to hearing from you and I treasure your letters. 

Stay Safe & God Speed. 

Love, Hermana Tobler 

No comments:

Post a Comment