Monday, April 10, 2017

DING! DING! DING! TIME'S UP!!! 4/10/17

Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats, we will be taking off shortly.
Please sit back and prepare feel a little turbulence of heart. 

Oh my heavens... It cant real!! I feel an overwhelming feeling that I am suffocating and my heart is breaking. I know it's not goodbye forever for these beloved people and my beautiful area, but you only mission once like this. It is literally ONCE in a LIFETIME. I can't say enough about my mission, but I do want to share a few things that have changed my life and molded me to become a better disciple of Jesus Christ. Here we gooooo...

I learned to RELY ON THE LORD. 
Initially I had a vague idea as to what that meant. Now I understand my specific, individual, dependence on Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the role of the Spirit through it all. I know I can rely on the Lord by praying with all energy of heart to my Heavenly Father, He in turn, delegates the answers I need by blessing me with strength from the enabling power of Jesus Christ and an infinite supply of comfort from the Spirit. Understanding Who is specifically helping me and how much strength and comfort I have received, has developed within me a greater appreciation and love for my Heavenly Father. He has NEVER failed me, and I know He never will. 

I have learned that inside I am a Mexican. 
I ADORE the culture in which I was called to serve. I had the opportunity to be a part of almost every Latin culture and experience their love, food, and faith. Three very important things. I never knew my heart would open the way it has for a race that is so different than mine- that being said, it has never been more clear to me that we are ALL children of our Heavenly Father. We were all created by Him. I love my Latino brothers and sisters and speaking Spanish with all my heart. I think it actually might explode. 

I have learned that SERVICE IS THE KEY TO HAPPINESS.
This work is all about how much we give. Spiritually, physically, mentally, and emotionally. I can't count how many nights I have stumbled home in complete blissful exhaustion and fallen face first into the carpet for 10 minutes before I have the strength to finish my nightly duties. The Spirit is the fuel that we need to survive as missionaries. We give it all to serve and in return, the Lord strengthens, sustains, and blesses us. The more I have prayed for and served my fellow men on my mission, the more I have felt my heart grow. The pure love of Christ has entered into my heart and filled me with the strongest desire to continue to keep working so that all my brothers and sisters- missionaries or not- will make it home. 

I have learned that I LOVE DOCTRINE.
I love learning about the gospel. The scriptures are my jammmmmm!! Most specifically as a missionary, my study of the Doctrine of Christ. Understanding and loving the Plan of our Heavenly Father and the Savior's Doctrine has broadened my knowledge and filled my heart with gratitude for Their mercy. I love reading THE BOOK OF MORMON. I know it is the word of God and that it testifies of Jesus Christ. I know it! I know it! The Atonement of Jesus Christ is miraculous, real and POWERFUL. I know this Plan is perfect. Families are forever. This message is absolutely essential for all to hear. Learning the doctrine has given me the drive to do missionary work. 

I KNOW my Savior lives. 
I know it, I know it, I know it. My heart just wants to burst with gratitude and love for Jesus Christ. He has helped me more than anyone ever has or ever could. He feels our pains, carries our burdens, lifts us in enabling strength, and guides our lives through His perfect example. He is truly the Prince of Peace in my heart. He is the strength in my testimony. I know the gospel is true. THIS is the true church that Christ restored through His servant Joseph Smith. He leads and guides his church through a living prophet. I know Thomas S. Monson to be that chosen man. I know this work is the MOST important work we can be doing here on earth. We have all been so blessed with the knowledge of the Restored Gospel, priesthood authority, and all the covenants and ordinances associated with it. 
How can I possibly express the conviction that I have in my heart that if we all live righteously, REPENT DAILY, and follow the Savior 100 %. We will be able to receive ALLLLLL the blessings promised to us. I know it guys. I love you all. I love the Lord. I love this work. It has been a privilege and  an honor to represent His name this past year and a half. 

Thank you for all your support and love. Until I see you next,
Be Safe&God Speed.
Love, Hermana Tobler
Me!!

Cutting my goodbye cake

Last esquimales with my darling, sweet, beloved, best friend, companion and trainee. 

Kate and Olga were confirmed yesterday. #PUREST

BAPTISM of Yolanda and Marlena!!!! Is there a better way to end your mission???

 You'll ALWAYS be my baby <3

No comments:

Post a Comment