Sunday, February 26, 2017

Waste and wear out your lives 1/16/17

"Waste and wear out your lives in the service of your God.."

As I have gotten further and further into my mission, I am convinced that we must indeed waste and wear out our lives in order to fully magnify our callings. This transfer I am going to be training a brand new Sister. I am humbled and excited for this opportunity to help her waste and wear out her life in the service of our Lord and Savior. YAY!! I am pumped, its going to be nose to the grindstone ladies. 

Nothing extreme happened this week but I did come to know my Savior better through my scripture study in 3rd Nephi 27:14-15. I love the phrase "that I might draw all men unto me" and I really did some digging to learn more about it. My search took me to the talk by Elder Renlund and I love how he explains it. Before my mission I never ever realized the depth and profound symbolism the Sacrament has. For me as a little girl it was a time to be reverent, think about Jesus, and wait for my Dad to give me gum after the ordinance. Now, I feel that means a whole new level of turning to the Savior. I love the phrase "that I might draw all men unto me" because it implies the Savior hoping and desiring that we are drawn to Him. He wants us to be close to Him because He knows that He is the only way and means by which His Father's plan of Happiness can take effect. Man, I just love the gospel. I love how all this doctrine is finally starting to make sense. :)

Well I hope you all have a great week!
Be Safe& God Speed.

Love, Hermana Tobler





No comments:

Post a Comment